Thanks so much to everyone who collaborated on this amazing event!
It was beautiful, and fun, and delicious and perfect. My sincerest gratitude to all of the vendors and patrons, to Stratus Vineyards for their faith and beauty, to all of the volunteers who helped in any number of ways, and to friends old and new. Here’s a visual summary of the day (further thanks to Elena Galey-Pride/Wine Stains)!
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
It’s here, the answer to all of your holiday wishes: The Kristlemas Market—at Stratus Vineyards, no less, on Sunday, December 16th, from noon to 5!
This delovely event will feature food—prepared and jarred and baked and raw; artisans of the soapy, knitty, silver and photographic kind; beautiful, eco, giftable and fun crafts for kids and non-kids alike; coffee, cocoa, beer, wine and wow!
And the Permtones in holiday style!
Parking and admission are free!
OUTSIDE (food trucks)
- Avella’s Wood Fired Oven Pizza: Brie and caramelized onions on a garlic base; Slivered asparagus and bocconcini on a garlic crust topped with thinly sliced proscuitto; Roasted red pepper and goat cheese on a Rose base with crispy penne tips, and the classic fire-roasted chestnuts
- Curbside Crepes: Savoury: Festivus (chicken, veggies and sausage stuffing); Roasted beets and pine nuts with mascarpone and two more; Sweet: Sauteed apples w salted caramel sauce; Bananas, nutella, coconut; and two more.
- El Gastronomo Vagabundo: prepared food (gourmet tacos, roti, soup) and chili tamarind sauce by the jar.
- Food Man and Culture Boy: Pulled Pork Torta; Italian Porketa Sandwich; Classic Pork Burger; Chicken Taco and more.
ON THE PATIO
- Niagara Food Specialties (Pingue): sausages on a charcoal grill
- Oast House Brewers
- Smoke’s Poutinerie: three types of poutine – traditional, veggie traditional and pulled pork
- Sweetie Pie’s Bakery: pies, mini pies, icewine marshmallows and s’mores on the grill!
- Balzac’s: coffee, hot cocoa, chai, hot apple cider
- Lovin’ From the Oven: Christmas cookie platters, yule logs, bags of bark, coffeecakes, cheesecakes and more!
- Provisions Food Company: Savoury Shortbread Gift Boxes; parcels that include shortbreads and 2 jars of savoury preserves, and The Harrow Fair Cookbook
- Ravine Grocery: Baked goods: Breads including sourdough, focaccia and baguettes; doughnuts, cookies; gingerbread houses, and pies. Preserves and pickled vegetables. Pingue cured meats.
- SOMA Chocolate
- Tree & Twig Preserved: Wasabi Pickled Beans; Pickled Beets; Dilled Carrots; Pickled Chili Peppers; Heirloom Tomato Jam; Heirloom Tomato Bourbon Jam; Tomatillo Salsa; Pickled Beets with Wine; Zucchini Relish; Assorted Basil Jellies; Apple Jelly; Hot Pepper Spread; Cowgirl Candy (Candied Hot Peppers)
- A Knot Above: beautiful crocheted and knitted gear for babies, children and adults
- Bartel Organics: floral arrangements, wreaths (made largely with materials from their own property)
- Garden City Essentials: beautiful hand-made cold-process soaps
- L Carr Designs Vintage Jewelry
- Letters From Niagara: capturing–in elegant black & photography–the essence of local, everyday scenes in alphabetic form
- Selsi Sea Rocks: salts for bath and salts for gourmet dishes and more
- Special Silver Pieces: elegant and whimsical hand-made sterling silver jewllery
- YUM Jams & Jellies: a selections of jams & jellies (10 flavours) from our farm; home-grown and hand-picked, peeled, chopped, food milled, stirred and jarred! We will also have wrapped gift packs